MISSION OF THE WOMEN’S HEALTH COUNCIL OF RI
Bring more cost effective, evidence-based improvements for women’s health care into integrated practice, through:
• Pose new questions for investigation
• Institute steps for evaluation and continual improvement
• Translate research and new therapies into effective practice and policy
• Expand the provider audience to include all individuals who care for the physical, mental or social health of women
• Inform providers in all areas of women’s health
• Link providers across disciplines in the discussions
• Engage providers in partnering with women to encourage healthy lifestyle choices
• Improve women’s access to appropriate physical, mental and social health care
• Identify areas of primary prevention and disease management
• Enable integration across care disciplines
• Identify women at risk and improve their outcomes
Policy and Advocacy
• Affect women’s health care policy
• Improve systems of, payment for, and monitoring of metrics of care delivery
• Have an impact at the local, state and national levels
We will know we are successful
- When more research is directed to those areas that will improve policy and outcomes in women’s health.
- When payers use the data that proves the value of integrated on-going care to provide appropriate coverage.
- When new practices and therapies flow through a ready channel from theory to clinical implementation.
- When the social, mental and physical health of a woman is routinely considered by providers and payers who respond with a plan.
- When communication barriers are overcome so women are better able to access the system.
- When the Rhode Island Women’s Health Report Card demonstrates improved quality indicators that distinguish us nationally.